Re: [Usability]Re: `New' sub-menu in desktop's rightclick-menu

On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 22:35, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:

> Perhaps the question should be: "What users we don't expect to be using
> the system?".
> I can come up with one group of user who will not be using Gnome2 Linux
> much at all. The regular home users who might not even know how to
> install windows, will probably not use linux for years to come.

Probably not, but if we neglect them entirely, isn't that likely to
push that year off even further? And there are analogous users --
children in schools, people in the developing world, etc. -- that I
think we do want to take into account.

> The corporate desktop is off course another story. Linux on the
> corporate desktop seems viable in the foreseeable future. But even then
> perhaps only for the less demanding users, or for more technically
> skilled persons.

I'm inclined to think that it's exactly the demanding, non-technical
people that we ought to target. They're the ones that MS has served
the worst.