Re: What the hell is wrong with Nautilus

> > 6. The ability right click on a text, postscript and pdf file and send
> > it directly to the printer.  No, I do not even want to talk about the
> > Gnome print model and all that jazz.  Just send the thing to printer and
> > if you want to be fancy send the text file through enscript or something
> > first.
>
> not sure about this - used it on windows and never seems to work
> properly

But this is not windows and this is just the sort of thing that Nautilus
could end up adding for just text, ps and pdf files that would be very
nice.  Nautilus=Graphical shell and print option equals the simple lpr
<file> via graphical means.  Nice.

> > 12. There should be a way to set Nautilus preferences or at least change
> > the Nautilus theme directly from the Gnome Control Center.  The Nautilus
> > preferences impact the way the desktop itself looks since Nautilus is
> > used to draw the thing and it affects the way the icons and folders
> > feel.  At the very least there should be a tab under the themes applet
> > for setting the Nautilus theme.  It would be nice to have a way to get
> > directly to the Nautilus preferences without opening a new Nautilus
> > Window if I am already in the desktop preferences or Gnome Control
> > Center.
>
> I think discussions are going on about this

I hope it works out because Nautilus controls so much of the look and
feel of the desktop and it would be very nice to acknowledge this and be
able to change the options directly from the Control Panel.

> > Missing Galeon2 view.  Once again, this is not really an issue with
> > Nautilus.  I have used Galeon2 and the Galeon view and oh my gosh for
> > casual browsing where serious plugin support is not needed it is sooo
> > wonderful.  Nautilus needs this.
>
> Confused - my galeon2 view works perfectly

I can only conclude that you mean that your plugin support from the
Galeon2 view works right.  It acts flaky for me giving me crashes on
pages where Galeon2 works very nicely, especially for java stuff or
flash animations in particular.  Otherwise though the Galeon view is
brilliant in rendering pages and such.

--
Johnathan Bailes	BAE Systems ESI

 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
 that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn
---