Re: [patch] pluggable property dialog pages

On 24 Oct 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 04:23, James Willcox wrote:
> > I've attached a patch that makes it possible to have mime-type-sensitive
> > pages in the properties dialog.  It uses the good 'ol NautilusView stuff
> > people are used to, so there wasn't much required to make it happen.
> > I've also attached a sample view that lets you see metadata contained in
> > audio files (mp3, ogg, etc).  Let me know what you think.
>
> 	FWIW - it looks really great to me. It'd be nice to add an OLE summary
> support app to (perhaps) Gnumeric, so that we can use libgsf to extract
> generic summary information from compound documents.
>
> 	Perhaps also, an image properties thing in eog would be nice - basic
> stuff such as image colour depth, dimensions, etc. would be rather
> useful to me now.

Yes. I'd like on that also showed camera data from jpegs.
The desktop file editor could potentially use this too.

Cool Stuff.

I'm not sure how to handle some of the fringe cases, such as the file
changing type.

I'll go look at the code some.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a superhumanly strong white trash cop trapped in a world he never made.
She's a mentally unstable foul-mouthed barmaid from a secret island of warrior
women. They fight crime!