Re: Nautilus and tar.gz/tar.bz2

Johnathan Bailes wrote:
On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 16:48, Dave Bordoley wrote:
Manuel Clos, mentions some other advantages that a file roller view
might have, however, I think an internal solution would be best.  Still,
as a Gnome user, I do not want to go through another round of reading
asinine articles listing the absence of this feature as another
indication of the incomplete nature of Nautilus.  Nautilus has many
outstanding features that are ignored because little things people
expect from a file manager are absent.
A temporary fix that works is better than a long term solution that
never materializes.

Yes, this is the point.

Especially if the short term fix is a view that can be easily removed
without disrupting the ongoing code base.

This is what I actually would like to see. In fact, using file-roller directly and using the scripts it provides it works very well.

--
Manuel Clos
llanero eresmas net

TCPA y Palladium: http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1398