Re: Nautilus problem and Nautilus Question

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 12:36, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 10:50, Nicolas Nobelis wrote:
> > Hello everybody !
> > I 've just two question for you :
> >
> > First of all, I have a problem with nautilus-2.3.6.
> > I compiled and installed the program, but, when I launch nautilus, I got an
> > error message "Nautilus couldn't locate the Nautilus_shell.server file, try
> > using bonobo-slay...".
> > My version of bonobo activation is : 2.2.2.1.
> > I tried all the methods suggested in the error message, but it still don't
> > work : do you have any idea about that ?
> > n.b. : i use kdm as window manager. Can it be the source of the problem ?
>
> Did you install your nautilus in the same prefix as bonobo-activation?
> Thats needed for bonobo-activation to find the nautilus components.

First, sorry for the late reply. Then to the busines. If the prefix
isn't the same as with bonobo-activation, you can manually register the
.server fiel. At least it worked fine with Evolution, and helped
a few other Evo users too. So it should work with nautilus too.

Just run this command on a term. And use find to get the path to the
.server file, if you don't know where it is.

bonobo-activation-sysconf --add-directory=<the path to the diretory
containing the server-file>

After that, start nautilus and it should work. I can't remeber did I
have to log out of gnome and back again in the Evolution case, so try
that if it doesn't work straight.

 Petri

--
"Getting an education was a lot like having a sexual disease. It made
you unsuitable to a lot of jobs and you had the urge to pass it on."