Re: FR: random wallpaper changer

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 07:22, Sridhar R wrote:
> Petri Kanerva wrote....
> {
> And why code this functionality into nautilus? What
> about users that
> don't use nautilus, but still want this functionality?
> A separate tool is best
> }
>
> But GNOME uses nautilus for the desktop, hence it
> would be good if this feature is intergrated into
> GNOME (or equally Nautilus)

FYI Gnome uses gnome-desktop for the desktop. If nautilus is set up to
draw the desktop, it just copies the image that is shown on desktop by
gnome-desktop, and draws it's own desktop (the one with the icons) on
top of the "real" desktop. Even without Nautilus running, you'd have a
beautifull wallpaper with gnome. That's why a separate tool is better,
so it works for those who use nautilus and those who don't.

I have a funny screenshot from time before the official 2.0 release,
when nautilus draw it's desktop a bit of, so the "real" desktop was
shown from under it, and that proved that they are essentially drawn on
top of each other.

Petri

--
"Getting an education was a lot like having a sexual disease. It made
you unsuitable to a lot of jobs and you had the urge to pass it on."