Re: How to get "Up" to work with symlinks

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 12:38, Olaf Frączyk wrote:
> OK. But users are really confused if they jump to directory, they didn't
> want. So, maybe some option to disable/remove "Up" button would solve
> this problem.

But if you remove the "Up" button, how can you get to the parent
directory, if it hasn't been visited before? You could always use the
tree-sidebar, but this might also be confusing to these users.
The users probably click on the users home icon on the desktop. So it
open them in /home/user/. So how do they get to / without the "Up"
button? Do they have to alwas type "/" to the textbox?

IMO, in any case removeing the "Up" button is a bad idea.

> Another thing is, that the "Location" shows the real directory, not the
> symlinked one. This also makes confusion.

In this I agree with you. It really should show the symlinked path, not
the actual...

 Petri

--
I refuse to grow up