File Notes

I think that nautilus' notes feature is kind of neat (I mean the "Notes"
tab that is available in a file's properties).  However, it is also a
little dangerous.  With 2.4.0, it seems that moving or renaming a file
can cause it to be disassociated from its notes.

Do the maintainers of nautilus plan on improving this feature?  Is there
any interest in making it a little more general-purpose (perhaps develop
a standard that other file managers or applications could honor --
freedesktop.org comes to mind)?  I've seen some interesting techniques
for associating meta-data with files from the reiserfs folks, but their
mainstream acceptance is probably far off.

I could make some specific entries in GNOME's bugzilla database but I
wanted to get a feel for how important these things were.

--
Mike

:wq