RE: shift=and-close-the-current-folder?

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 13:41, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> I don't know what it's like for accessibility needs, but I always found Mac
> keyboard navigation wonderful, though it was mostly just direct accelerators
> and keys for dialog buttons. I hardly ever used the mouse.

It's certainly a lot better in OSX, but if you were forced to use the
keyboard in earlier releases, there were quite a few corners you
couldn't even paint yourself into, let alone out of again :)

> >  Which begs an equally important
> > question of whether it's popular because people want to use
> > it, or because they have to due to a lack of mouse equivalents.
>
> No, the mouse equivalents are there.

Right, I really meant "efficient mouse equivalents" :)  Of course there
can't be efficient mouse equivalents for everything, but for a desktop
that was designed from day one to be primarily used with the mouse, and
in which the file manager is probably the major component, it strikes me
as a bit of an anomaly that you should have to resort to the keyboard to
use it reasonably efficiently.

> I look forward to a day when we can remove the terminal from GNOME and let
> other people worry about that.

Amen to that :)

Cheeri,
Calum.