Re: some activities in spatial nautilus

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 19:32, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 10:49, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > Solution 2:
> >  1 & 2 - the same
> >  3. File->open location (or ctrl-l), enter ssh addres
> >  4. dnd
>
> I'm extremely fond of the Ctrl+L dialog in the spatial nautilus, since
> it's a neat way to get to a distant location without clicking myself to
> death.
>
> The trouble is that sometimes I don't have any nautilus windows open and
> some other app has the focus. So getting that dialog open is a bit
> painful. Would it be possible to put this functionality into, say, gnome
> run dialog? That one can be opened from anywhere.

I thought this was working already, and in fact typing ~/ in the run
dialog gets you your homedir in nautilus. However, it doesn't seem to
work for absoulute pathnames, which is a bit strange.

> Another thing I miss after using this for a while is being able to enter
> relative paths from $HOME, or having a quick shortcut to autocomplete
> $HOME.

Should work.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an obese sweet-toothed vampire hunter with a winning smile and a way with
the ladies. She's a mistrustful punk widow from Mars. They fight crime!