preferences

I have been using Nautilus 2.0.3 with my SuSE distribution.  I don't run
all of GNOME, preferring fvwm2, which is GNOME compliant.

I upgraded to SuSE 8.2 which ships with Nautilus 2.2.1, and this
Nautilus "update" appears to have features missing.  Specifically, 2.0.3
allowed me to set drawing of the desktop by Nautilus to "off" in
Edit/Preferences. 2.2.1 doesn't have this option which, since it
obliterates my fvwm desktop, makes Nautilus effectively useless.  Is
there a way to turn off the desktop when Nautilus starts?