Re: preferences

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 23:06, Timothy Hanson wrote:
> I have been using Nautilus 2.0.3 with my SuSE distribution.  I don't run
> all of GNOME, preferring fvwm2, which is GNOME compliant.
>
> I upgraded to SuSE 8.2 which ships with Nautilus 2.2.1, and this
> Nautilus "update" appears to have features missing.  Specifically, 2.0.3
> allowed me to set drawing of the desktop by Nautilus to "off" in
> Edit/Preferences. 2.2.1 doesn't have this option which, since it
> obliterates my fvwm desktop, makes Nautilus effectively useless.  Is
> there a way to turn off the desktop when Nautilus starts?

The feature still exists, but has been removed from the interface. You
need to start gconf-editor and change the key manually; I think it's the
following key:

/apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"We made GNOME-VFS support smb: and nfs: URIs. And we made OOo support
GNOME-VFS. Booyakasha!" -- nat