Re: dependencies list?

Whiped up a quick hack that rpm --requires and --provides recursivly for a given package on a rpm based system, wanted to make something like that anyway for future usage so this seemed as good as time as any ;-)

Below you'll find the list it comes up with for nautilus (w/o indirect requirements such as bash, glibc, xfree, etc)

Enjoy,
    -- Chris

  atk
  audiofile
  control-center
  eel2
  eog
  esound
  fam
  gail
  GConf2
  glib2
  gnome-desktop
  gnome-icon-theme
  gnome-vfs2
  gtk2
  libart_lgpl
  libbonobo
  libbonoboui
  libglade2
  libgnome
  libgnomecanvas
  libgnomeui
  librsvg2
  libxml2
  nautilus-cd-burner
  ORBit2
  pango
  scrollkeeper
  startup-notification

John Blumer wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to install Nautilus through Fink.  Each time I try to install, it fails, asking for another needed dependency.  Can someone point me to a list of software that needs to be installed first. I'm tired of copying files over from unstable, only to have another failure.  TIA