Re: Nautilus reading html files raw

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 03:11, Gary Roach wrote:

>    System:   Pentium 4 x 2    1 GHz
>                    Debian Woody testing

Woody is stable now, Sarge is testing

>                    Nautilus Version 1.0.6

This is ancient. I don't know about 1.0.6, but for 2.2 there is
nautilus-gtkhtml and other options mentioned in another reply. You may
have to right-click the html file and choose "Open with ...". If there
are no viewers listed, choose "other viewer" and configure which optins
you want. And I really really really recommend to run the woody backport
of Gnome 2.2. Put this into /etc/apt/sources.list (every deb line on one
line):

# Gnome 2.2 woody backport, includes X 4.2.1
deb
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody gnome2.2/
deb-src
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody gnome2.2/
# newer mozilla + galeon + epiphany
deb
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody/ gnome2.2/mozilla-1.3/

Then apt-get update, apt-get upgrade (possibly dist-upgrade). It may
happen that it hangs when you log in. In this case, run fc-cache from
text console as root.