How to prevent nautilus from watching devices?

Hello,

I have a problem with nautilus. I am using Gnome 2.2 for debian.
Nautilus keeps watching disks and my cdrom drive listed in /etc/fstab.
So I have an icon for a disk on my Desktop (which I do not want and
cannot remove) and if I insert a CD in my cdrom, a cd-icon appears
on my Desktop. This is especially annoying when I burn cds:
I can not mount my freshly burned cd, because when I inserted the
disk, it was (of course) blank. Nautilus saw this and somehow prevents
mounting of the disk after it is burned. So I have to eject and reinsert
the disk in order to be able to mount it.
Besides, I do not want nautilus to automatically do anything concerning
filesystems or disks.
I read that there would be a panel entry: Applications->Preferences->Cd-Settings,
but I am missing that entry!

Regards,

Robert