Re: Patches improving tree view (multi-root and auto-follow)

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 20:55, Jürg Billeter wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 17:42, Jürg Billeter wrote:
> > I'll update my patches to reflect the spoken-of bugs. Shall I try to go
> > on with context menus and things like that, so one can get an idea how
> > it possibly will be in the end or shall I wait until it's decided what
> > variant will go in?
> Updated patch (includes everything):
> http://www.bitron.ch/linux/src/nautilus-2.3.4-tree-4.patch
> All issues have been solved.

Just got back from Ireland yesterday. I checked in some code based on
this patch. It has various small changes and fixes. The only real
visible changes is that I dropped the network root (its pretty sucky
atm) and added automatic roots for mounted removable media.

I had to make these changes myself since I wanted to get this in before
the 2.4 feature freeze, which is on monday (I think). There are still
some things that could be added, such as a way for the user to add
roots. Maybe we get to add that, maybe it'll have to wait for later.

The current code seems to work pretty ok. It has some issues with roots
pointing to files that don't exist and then appear, but thats quite a
corner-case.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an otherworldly sweet-toothed cat burglar haunted by an iconic dead
American confidante She's an elegant African-American queen of the dead from
beyond the grave. They fight crime!