Help browser text only

Hi;
Problem: When I try to use the help tab, the files pulled up are in html but are read in text only mode. I have not been able to find a way to change this. Since the Nautilus help file is trashed as well, I'm flying blind. Its probably stupidly simple to fix; but, being a newby with this package, I'm at a loss. HELP.

   System:   Pentium 4 x 2    1 GHz
                   Debian Woody testing
                   Nautilus Version 1.0.6
                   Run as root (I know. But I do mostly systems work)

Thanks in advance

Gary Roach