problem with nautilus

I recently installed nautilus via slackware packages and I am experiencing a few small problems.

when starting nautilus I get this error in my term

** (nautilus:24449): WARNING **: Can't find description even for "x-directory/normal". This probably means that your gnome-vfs.keys file is in the wrong place or isn't being found for some other reason.

I installed the gnome-vfs package like any other.. Dunno what's going on with that, also while running nautilus, I don't have all those nifty little icons for all my files and its always complaining about not having permission to read directories and not having images for icons..

any help?

--Nathan