Re: patches for configure.in and nautilus.spec{.in}

On 12 Mar 2003, Neil Weisenfeld wrote:

> I don't know from the discussion on desktop-devel if people are
> amenable to getting these patches, but here goes.
>
> I'm also an autotools newbie, so I'm not sure if I did this right, but
> the problems seem straightforward.
>
> Patches attached (let me know if requiring 'patch -p1' is non-standard).

Please use unified diffs. In general i tell people to add "diff -up" to
their .cvsrc, which gives very nice patches.

> This is my first attempt at this stuff, so let me know if this is
> helpful or not.

Sure, this looks good. Do you want to own the specfile? Both maintainers
already own the specfiles for their company (rh/ximian), so we're utterly
uninterested in maintaining another one.

> - now includes gconf schema (is there supposed to be a *registration*
> process here or is it enough just install the file?)

Yes. See e.g. the redhat nautilus srpm how to do this.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a lonely drug-addicted messiah fleeing from a secret government
programme. She's an orphaned antique-collecting cab driver in the wrong place
at the wrong time. They fight crime!