Re: patches for configure.in and nautilus.spec{.in}

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 19:30, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Neil Weisenfeld wrote:
>
> >I'm also an autotools newbie, so I'm not sure if I did this right, but
> >the problems seem straightforward.
> >
> The good form is to mail the maintainers first and ask them how they
> want to deal with it. Some will object to any changes to the spec files
> / build system (libxml2/libxslt forinstance), while some would be happy
> if you would commit straight to CVS.

Ahh,sorry for the bad form.  Actually, on the desktop-devel list I was
told to contact the authors and offer to maintain the files for them,
but I was more interested, as a first iteration, in just contributing
patches :-).  I'll contact the authors directly.

> For a while it was an idea in the GPP (gnome packaging project) to
> include directions in the HACKING file, but it seems that never
> happened, so contacting the maintainers directly is the way to go for now.
>
> The patches look good at-a-glance. Only thing is that u do not have to
> define every require, libgnome will require gtk2, so why mention it
> here? I'm also not sure if we still need the brb_compress @ the top of
> the spec anymore.

Cool.  I appreciate the feedback.  That stuff is not where I patched,
but if I patch again...

Regards,
Neil