Re: Spacial nautilus

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:08:21PM +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 16:54, Alan wrote:
> > > I've changed my mind; the spacial nautilus rocks. Thank you!
> >
> > I agree. I'm using it from XD2 unstable and am *quite* impressed.  I'm
> > not completely sold on the "open each folder in a new window" option (is
> > there a pref?) because I'm using to navigating to where I need to go
> > through clicking on folders.  Other than that, good on you guys!
> > Looking forward toward GNOME 2.6.
>
> I'm confused -- you agree that a "spatial nautilus rocks" and then say
> you are not totally sold on one of the core features of spatial
> navigation? :)

As I understood SN, and it's quite possible I am not totally
understanding it <g>, it's not just the folders, but the rest of it as
well (no views, etc).  Actually I guess there was some confusion on my
part as to why sometimes I got the 'old' view and sometimes the new

Ok, related to that, I have a question then (and sorry if this has been
rehashed and flamed to death before), if I have files I need in
$HOME/code/company/project1/perl/mod_perl what is the 'right' way to get
there?  Open up a nautilus window and click click on the folders until I
get there, then close the 5 extra windows that have been opened that I
don't need?

I'm guessing alt-f2->nautilus, and then navigate the "old" way, not double
click on $HOME and through the filesystem like I used to.

Anyway, it still rocks, even if it's new to me :P

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain