Nautilus dnd engine

Hi all.

I've to develop an X application with xdnd support.
I'm very interested in what nautilus do when an icon is dragged out of
his window (to gimp... to gedit...)
It seems that a  icon window (a real XWindow) under the mouse is created
and moved following pointer.
I'm looking into nautilus source for this piece of code... but without
result.
Can someone tell me the exact file? Where can I find the icon drag&drop
engine?
Where the window is created..
Which event are trapped?
The nautilus surce code is too big...

The problem is to follow the mouse. When the pointer leave my window (in
a too fast movement) I loose the xmotion event.

Grazie.
Ciao!

ehm... sorry for my english :)
--