Re: FTP performance (was Re: Performance)

> > Isn't nautilus gathering size information about the files it needs to
> > copy before starting the real copy? Maybe this is what is causing the
> > net activity before the copy start.
>
> Yeah, it does.

The burning question is: can this be helped or avoided?  If so, I think Nautilus
should by default *not* gather the information when a slow FTP link is detected
(e.g. when the time between login: and password: exceeds 0.5 msec, or perhaps
when the time between three or four short FTP transactions (think ls or dir)
exceeds a predefined, short (5 second) time).

    suerte,

    Rudd-O

     UNIVERSIDAD TECNICA FEDERICO SANTA MARIA
                 CAMPUS GUAYAQUIL
        CENTRO DE SERVICIOS INFORMATICOS
Mail enviado a traves de IMP-USM: http://www.usm.edu.ec/imp
    Los invitamos a visitar  http://www.usm.edu.ec