Re: Nautilus View / Listeners compared with Windows Namespace extension questions

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 12:20, Mads Villadsen wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 12:43, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Nautilus uses the freedesktop.org thumbnail standard, which means normal
> > thumbnails have a size of 128x128 (which is then downscaled to the used
> > size). I'm not sure larger thumbnails make much sense, but the standard
> > does allow you to use 256x256 thumbnails in the "large" directory.
>
> That was why I thought that an extension might be relevant. 256x256
> probably isn't enough if yuo want to be able to use a digital camera
> view to perform operations (rotations, color balancing, etc.) directly
> from the nautilus view. It should be a scaling of the image, probably
> only saved as a thumbnail until th next time the icon is resized.
>
> I may, however, be on crack :-)

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do but I guess that, if you
need bigger pictures than 256x256, what you really need is a true
picture viewer (not a thumbnails generator). Thus, the best way to do it
would be to embed a view like EOG or gthumb do.

And yes: you need to be on crack if you really want to have "thumbnails"
larger than 256x256 :)