RE: VFS or Nautilus view

Le mer 03/09/2003 à 14:42, Murray Cumming Comneon com a écrit :
> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 12:26, Peter Lundqvist wrote:
> > Btw, if you do make a vfs backend for your camera, please handle it in a
> way that all cameras work alike (at least all supported by gphoto). We don't
> want a different uri-scheme per camera type.
>
> I believe that most new digital cameras are just usb mass storage devices
> that can be mounted like other disks. I've never actually got one of them
> working, but I believe that it works for most people and I'd expect Nautilus
> to be able to navigate that already.

Not really.. Each brand does its own thing.. Fuji uses usb-storage but
Canon uses its own protocol (supported by gphoto, hopefully..)

BTW, there used to be a start of gnome-vfs/gnome frontend to gphoto :
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gphoto/gnocam/

I've never been able to get it working, but it might be a good start..

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft