Re: volumes mark 2

Hi Alex,

>> What happens if someone moves his "Documents" folder from ~/Desktop to
>> ~/Desktop/foo ? The "Documents" folder would still have the .docdir file
>> but will Nautilus recursively look for this file ? I guess not.. But
>> maybe FAM could help there (disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking
>> about) ?
>
> I'm not sure we can afford doing a deep search for it, so this might
> mean we don't find the .docdir file and use ~/Desktop instead. Or maybe
> doing a recursive search is fast enough, we can experiment with that.

Why wouldn't you put a .docdir file in ~/Desktop and the file contains a
single line that specifies where the 'Documents' directory is? That way it
can be anywhere in the file system and it could even be a remote gnome-vfs
uri. It would be cool to maybe have
"sftp://my-main-machine/home/frank/docs"; as my documents directory on all
machines that I use! Since most gnome apps now support gnome-vfs that is
not so far fetched.

Nautilus then just reads that file on startup and puts a nautilus link on
the desktop that points to that location and uses the translated name.

- Frank