Re: volumes mark 2

From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>

> Places like home, computer and network are easily reached from menus
> in the nautilus window and the panels. I'd also like to re-introduce
> the favorites system as a way to quickly reach commonly used
> places. Favorites is more important in a spatial system, since deep
> navigation is more work.

From the UI point of view, where would the "favorites" be located ?

It'll just be a menu thing I think, not a location. In the panel menus
and in the nautilus window menus.

Well favorites shouldn't be available from the spacial nautilus window for the same reason bookmarks are not. In addition why not use a folder interface for managing "favorites"? Nearly every bookmarks implementation I've seen (the exception to some degree is epiphany) reimplements the file manager in its bookmarks editor. Beyond this I think it would be good to work with marco to develop a gnome-wide desktop bookmark implmentation so that you can access all your bookmarks (file, folder, web pages, a bookmark is a bookmark is a bookmark) from one place using one implementation instead of creating yet another interface.[1] dave [1]http://www.advogato.org/person/funrecords/diary.html?start=10 has some ideas on a desktop bookmarks ui.