Re: can't eject floppies/cd-roms

The error which prevented the unmounting (ejecting) of CDs and floppies through nautilus in RH 9 was not a missing RPM.  If your home directory is on an NFS share, the unmounting will not work.  Looking at strace output, my best guess is that mmap2 is failing since most implementations of NFS do not allow mapping files into process memory, and this is causing nautilus to give up on trying to unmount the cd or floppy.  I've tried it using Linux and Solaris NFS servers, but neither work.

You can take a look at the strace output here (http://web.ecs.syr.edu/~sjfralic/straces).  Just search for .order in both files.  This will bring you to the place where the umount takes place (or is supposed to take place) in both files.  Does anyone have a suggestion about how to get this to work (i.e. some kind of work-a-round)?  Thanks,

Stephen

Computer & Information Technology Group            help ecs syr edu
College of Engineering & Computer Science          Link 204, 443-4308
Syracuse University