Configuring gconf keys from a shell before call a Nautilus new window

Hi,

Some time ago I asked right here how to open a new Nautilus window
without the sidebar panel visible, if exists some command line parameter
to do that.
As a suggestion, said to me to use gconf command line parameters. And I
did that. But didn't got the results I'm looking for.

I'm using the following sequence of commands, to open a special URI,
without showing the sidebar panel from a shell (gnome-terminal):

#----------------------------------
# Now we hide the sidebar panel
gconftool-2 -s --type=bool /apps/nautilus/preferences/start_with_sidebar
false
# Open our URI
nautilus <special_uri> &
# And then restore the default configuration to Nautilis
gconftool-2 -s --type=bool /apps/nautilus/preferences/start_with_sidebar
true
#----------------------------------

In fact, this sequence could be inside a shell script. Any way, this
doesn't works. I have no result. The side panel still remains visible.

Using:

gconftool-2 -g /apps/nautilus/preferences/start_with_side_bar

after a:

gconftool-2 -s --type=bool /apps/nautilus/preferences/start_with_sidebar
false

I got the following message:

No value set for `/apps/nautilus/preferences/start_with_side_bar'

This is strange, since for others keys (start_with_*), I got the correct
return of 'gconftool-2 -g...', I got a 'false' result.

Looking at gconf-editor, after the 'gconftool-2 -s --type=bool
.../start_with_side_bar false' command in question, I can see that the
check box is empty, i.e., it should content a 'false' value, right?

Know comes the really odd! This incoherent behaviour only happens from
command line, a shell, like 'gnome-terminal'!! If I open a new Nautilus
window, with the sidebar panel disabled from a launcher at my desktop,
like my home's launcher, it works!! Strange thinks happens with the
other keys from a shell call also. If I turn all
'/apps/nautilus/preferences/start_with_*' to false, from 'gconf-editor',
after a shell call to nautilus, I still got the sidebar visible. It's
possible that nautilus doesn't handle gconf configuration correctly from
a shell? Or either, overwrite the gconf configuration?

How to prevent this to happen?

--
Adriano Del Vigna de Almeida <katmandu fs inf br>