Spatial settings and symbolic links

Dear friends,

I've recently switched to GNOME 2.6 and was playing with Nautilus'
spatial features when I found the following misbehavior:

If you reach the same folder though different ways (ie. symbolic links),
Nautilus treats them as different folders: more than one window at the
same time, distinct settings (background, icon organization, window
position), etc.

For example:
[fabiofb hermes fabiofb]$ pwd
/home/fabiofb
[fabiofb hermes fabiofb]$ ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx    1 fabiofb  fabiofb        11 2003-12-24 13:41 GS2 ->
/public/gs2
[fabiofb hermes fabiofb]$ cd Desktop
[fabiofb hermes Desktop]$ ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx    1 fabiofb  fabiofb        11 2003-12-24 13:39 GS2 ->
/public/gs2

If I access /public/gs2 through these two symbolic links, I get two
different configurations for that folder, in addition to its original
settings.

Shouldn't the folder be treated as a single folder regardless of being
accessed through different paths?

After looking at ~/.nautilus/metafiles, I noticed that the configuration
for the window of a folder is being stored in the .xml of its parent
instead of in its own .xml file. Did I find the bug? Should I file this?

Best regards,

--
Fabio Gomes de Souza <fabio gs2 com br> (+55 81 9132-1845)

.- GS2 Tecnologia da Informação Ltda ---------------------------.
| IT: Security, Management, Infrastructure and Free Software    |
| Visit us at www.gs2.com.br contato gs2 com br +55813492-7777  |