nautilus and sftp

Hi,

I'm using Nautilus to access servers placed behind a firewall with sftp protocol. On this firewall, a connection timeout is defined for all connections. I have no possibilities to modify the firewall configuration.

The problem is that once a sftp connection is done via nautilus, it keeps this connection open and then grows up to 100% CPU usage when the timeout occurs. I'm then obliged to do a "killall nautilus" to restart it.

I would like to know if (and where) it's possible to force nautilus to close this sftp connection to avoid this situation.

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux Sarge on i386 with Nautilus 2.4.2 from the official Debian package.

Thank's for your help.

Frédérick