Re: Icons during dragging (should have text part IMHO)

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 10:38, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > This actually goes nicely along with the paper written a couple of years
> > back about color used in feedback from apps (ie: a download icon would
> > turn red when stalled or at low speed, green at higher speeds).
>
> Somebody actually wrote a paper advocating alienating 20% of your users?

I assume that's a reference to colour blindness? Can I suggest that in
this case, the icon should go from 0% to 100% saturation, AND 0% to 100%
contrast. That is, icon starts as a solid grey outline of the original
icon, and slowly gains colour and contrast.

This would cover everyone (I think), and will still work for icons which
have little colour content. Almost all icons have contrasting levels of
brightness.

--
Peter Harvey.
Mostly Quiet.