Re: stretch icon

David Christian Berg wrote:
I wouldn't want to remove it, even though I hardly use it... it's just
not necessary to have in the right click menu... I'd move it to
properties. Actually there is a discussion that just started in the
usability group about putting it there :)
What's your opinion on this?

This would be a bit counter to the HIG recommendation to "Wherever possible, allow users to act on objects and data directly, rather than through dialogs or explicit commands." http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/principles-direct-manipulation.html

I'm not sure if a right-click menu options (as is now) quite qualifies as "direct manipulation", but I think it is closer than controls in the Properties dialog.

None of the uses in this thread are convincing me that this feature should stick around.

It sounds like it would just make more sense for the Nautilus View -> Zoom In / Zoom Out / Normal Size (and the related keyboard shortcuts) to work on the desktop as well as Nautilus windows

Thanks,
Steven Garrity