Re: Some thoughts about extensions and mime types

Olaf Fra;czyk wrote:
To have secure type-file detection we need File Type Detector (FTD) on
local computer. It has to be run as root to be able to read all files.
It has to examine every file and such examination has to be really
reliable (much more that sniffing today). FTD has to maintain secure
database. In such database we need: filename (full path), mtime, ctime,
filetype.

Should we wrote a patch for medusa?! It does some of the job already.

--
Alexandre Hautequest
Linux Registered User# 116289 | http://counter.li.org/