Re: Nautilus, metadata and extendet attributes

El mar, 03-02-2004 a las 05:42, Olaf Frączyk escribió:

> I wouldn't click the above "Readme.txt              .scr" either :)
> I just don't click on suspicious attachments.
> And if a user is "not educated enough" to not open suspicious
> attachments, I would bet that he will open binary Readme.txt.

Olaf, you haven't understood yet that the computer has to work for us,
and not the other way around.  I shouldn't be "educated" to use a
computer.  Sure, by bonking around with the computer I might damage my
own files, but it should be sturdy enough so that I can use it with
confidence, both in terms of physical endurance and software robustness,
and not damage the system or be vulnerable to external malicious
factors, to a certain degree.  Go read the User Interface design book
from Joel Spolsky, it's on his Web site.

When you understand this, you will be able to understand the whole
argument behind this push.  It's about the increased software robustness
and richer featureset that a metadata system brings to the table.

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: 0xC1033CAD at keyserver.net