Re: Feedback: Six Nautilus annoyances

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 11:52, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 11:29 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Something to keep in mind is that in many cases when you launch an app
> > or open a document it's going to get "factory" behavior (just ask an
> > existing instance of the app to open a new window)
>
> FWIW, Havoc, the only instances of this that I know of in our desktop
> are gedit and gpdf.

Don't gnumeric and OpenOffice.org and Epiphany work this way?
(I'm not so concerned about "what's in the GNOME release" as "what's in
the desktop people are using")

Generally it's a bug that we don't do this, when we don't, for
document-oriented apps... at least I would think so.

Even for non-document apps usually bringing the current instance to the
front is sane, rather than launching a new one, e.g. Evolution...

Havoc