Re: Appearance of the new Add-Application dialog

Am Mo, den 26.07.2004 schrieb Alan um 4:11:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 05:11:19PM -0700, Mason Kidd wrote:
> > I would actually suggest that the 'Add Application' dialog match the
> > 'Run Application' dialog, so that when it is expanded, it shows a list
> > of 'Known Applications'.
>
> +1
>
> I think that showing the user the filesystem layout, even through the
> file chooser, should be a last resort (or 'advanced' in this case).

Yup, letting alone with the thousands of binaries an average *nix system
contains, would be quite "uncool". That's why I see some "Applications"
shortcut in the expanded file browser, pointing on some virtual folder
listing known applications. Maybe this shortcut could be preselected.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
http://www.taschenorakel.de/mathias/