Re: Feature Request

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:54:35AM -0700, Raul Acevedo wrote:
> Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>
>  > Please, can you read the whole thread (come on, it's 10 mails,
>  > shouldn't take that much time) before asking for those "spatial
>  > settings" ? I'd recommend in particular the second mail:
>  > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2004-June/msg00107.html
>
> And people wonder why developers don't get "users".  Sigh.

The current stuff only serves to break the spatial feature.  If you
implemented it wouldn't be spatial anymore it's more of a runaround to
get spatial to act more like a browser.  Maybe it would be better to just
make the browser portion better.

Spatial does require you manage your data differently.  For instance,
as an old unix hat I don't have directories with any depth greater
than 4.  Mostly because I don't like typing more than that.  I don't
see how anybody would want to type long paths..

Before spatial I hardly used nautilus because I tended to use nautilus
to do file operations and browser mode sucked for that.  I use it a lot
more now and it's great!  Try it for awhile.

Anyways, retrofitting spatial into something it's not isn't the right
solution.

sri