Re: Debian package icon

> Yeah, i just read the bug report (sorry to haven't done it before).

Well, without your mail, I wouldn't have been aware of that bug and
wouldn't have looked at it. So thanks for bringing that issue to the
list ;)

> Just to
> clear my mind, how can it be a different behaviour depending on the selection
> of the file ?

When displaying a file, Nautilus only looks at the filename to try to
guess the mime type. This is the method used by gnomevfs-info too. When
you click on a file, Nautilus sniffs its mime type, and sometimes
(because of bugs in shared-mime-info, or because of bogus
filename/extension), the mime type found by looking at the filename and
the mime type found by looking at the file content differ. See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2004-January/msg00080.html
for more details about how Nautilus guesses the type of a file.

Hope that helps,

Christophe