Re: Debian package icon

This is very very confusing for new users.

To have a file's icon and type just change on your after you click it
would I dare say, frighten some new computer users.

How many resources are given to detecting a given files mime type? Could
this be done somewhat how like thumbnails? Initial view shows initial
mime type, with a clock decoration on the icon, as the real mime type is
determined.

I do think this is a big concern from a usability perspective.