Re: Location Bar Filters

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 02:53:11PM +0100, Maximillian Murphy wrote:

> (Apologies if you have received two copies of this message!)
>
> Dear All,
>
> Greetings.  Newish to Nautilus.  Have an entry that might go on the Wish
> List, but the desired effect may already be out there somewhere, so this
> is a preliminary sounding:
>
> Notion:  Nautilus at its simplest presents the results of an "ls" request
> in a nice graphical form.  All files and directories in a given location.
> Well, wouldn't it be nice to be able to put a filter such as:
>
>            /home/max/*.eps -c
> or         /home/max/stacks/beginningoffileimlookingfor*.*

Personally I (as a user, not a dev :) think this is a good idea.  The
old file chooser did this nicely, and I don't see why nautilus can't do
this as well.  Since there wouldn't be much 'user visible' it would not
impact on the "simple" paradigm that nautilus/gnome is following.  The
only user visible thing I can think of is putting the filter in the
titlebar or something.  Course, I'd be interested to hear what the devs
say....

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain