Re: Bugzilla spring cleaning

Merhaba,

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 10:24 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 16:25 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Also, we have been talking to luis about creating some sort of SQL query
> > to mass-close nautilus bugs for old versions that have not been touched
> > in a while.
> Anyone who has ideas on that is welcome to contribute metrics :) I won't
> have time to actually do this until at least Monday or Tuesday, though.

A single SQL query is not a good thing, because people who opened that
bug won't receive a notification from Bugzilla.

I don't think this is good. People who filed reports will try to check
if their bug is still valid and hopefully reopen it if it's still there.

What about adding a Bugzilla-compatible mass-closing
stolen-from-CGI-code thing, which is responsive for adding comments and
closing bugs?

Well, it could even run remotely, no need to run it on b.g.o server.

I have little to no experience with Perl, but I could do this with PHP,
I believe. What do you think about it?
--
|          |  Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)
|          |  Software developer, IT consultant