Re: ftp and Nautilus

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 10:45, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> > BTW, how do you logout out of an FTP or Samba session with Nautilus? Is it
> > time based, do you have to press a button, or you have to literally kill
> > gnome in order to lose a session? Because if we do it the way I suggested
> > and a user has logged in as eponymous and then wants to login as anonymous
> > (in case that he can't use different URLs to see the different structure),
> > he/she will need a way to logout of the eponymous session.
>
> Automatic logout when all windows showing stuff on the server have
> been closed (maybe after an additional timeout). But as long as there
> are server windows open, connection should be kept. If the connection
> is lost, a message could be displayed inside the Nautilus window (better
> than having to deal with additional message boxes).

Nautilus is not the only gnome-vfs user though, for instance the file
selector needs to be able to do similar things. And (atm at least) there
is just no way in the gnome-vfs api to somehow know and control what
connections are currently logged in and things like that.

> BTW, are ther any plans to add progress bars next to icons for
> downloads/transfers?

Would be nice. And some better stats. At least for long transfers.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a bookish vegetarian astronaut fleeing from a secret government
programme. She's a tortured blonde research scientist from a family of eight
older brothers. They fight crime!