Re: Extending WebDAV featureset?

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 21:43, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in experimenting with more complex interactions
> between Nautilus and Plone (http://plone.org). Currently I'm working on
> extending the set of namespaces and properties that are exposed through
> WebDAV in order to write a Win32 (yuck) frontend that is able to perform
> some operations (like control workflow, locks, metadata, etc).
>
> I have
> read some documentation on Nautilus and it seems that there are two
> existing WebDAV vfs and extending Nautilus by adding context menus and
> such.
> I'm not experienced with C programming, but it seems like Python, bonobo
> and pygtk are the way to go.
> Does this sound like a reasonable thing to do? Such extension would be
> distributed as an add-on to Nautilus.

I'm not sure exactly what it is you want to do, but its possible that
nautilus extensions will do what you want. You can try playing around
with it and see if it seems to work for you.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a jaded skateboarding photographer who must take medication to keep him
sane. She's a wealthy extravagent snake charmer with a song in her heart and a
spring in her step. They fight crime!