Able to connect to other systems in network only if user is root

Hi Everyone,

I've been playing around with setting up some simple networks. Currently I have a Debian Linux (running GNOME 2.6.1) and a Windows 2003 Server running. Both machines see each other properly and for the most part, everything runs well. The one problem I am having is that I can only access the Window shares from my Linux box using smbclient or if I log in as root and run 'nautilus network:'.

If I try connect to the Windows system (via nautilus) as my own user, I get a "You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of "Windows Network: xyz". Since I can connect using smbclient, it seems like the problem lies somewhere in Nautilus (btw, I am running Nautilus 2.6.3). Does anyone know where I can change these permissions, or have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I know I could just mount the share, but I rather my Linux desktop properly setup. Thanks!

Zachary Wong