Re: libgnomesu [was Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far]

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Hongli Lai wrote:

3. libgnomesu adds a context menu to Nautilus, which makes it possible to open a folder as root, so you can edit other users' files or system files.

Since the default folder context menu in Nautilus already has more than the HIG recommended maximum number of items, and this feature is not something that is useful in the "common case", I request the extra context menu item (I think you meant to say item?) is disabled by default.

If something like a "sysadmin mode" is going to be added to Nautilus, I propose that we evaluate the possible scenarios and use cases first, and build an UI upon that. Simply adding YACMI [1] is contrary to the GNOME design principles.

[1] Yet Another Context Menu Item ;)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

   == Geen softwarepatenten in Europa! == www.NoSoftwarePatents.com ==