Re: POSIX ACL Support in Nautilus

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 11:02, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 11:41 +0300, Ionut Cotoi wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > I finally managed to organize my time so I can start working on Posix ACL
> > support in nautilus. Last night I've managed to have a working container
> > for that using a new tab on file-properties window, but I don't think(and
> > I'm almost sure that is not) that this is the right way to go. So I would
> > need some advice on this. How would this be better presented to the user ?
Thank you. I missed it very much.

> I'm not sure exactly how this should be presented graphically. But it
> should be on the normal permissions tab.
I suppose a scrolled GtkTreeView with GtkListStore with:

STRING, STRING, BOOL, BOOL, BOOL
name, user/group, r, w , x

And for directories two Tree views: for normal and default ACLs.
The upper the normal, the lower the default.

Below each treeview on the right two buttons: Add and Delete.

For filesystems without ACLs the buttons should bu just inactive, and
also for directories should only the upper treeview be shown (normal
permissions).

After clicking Add, user should get a dialog with two lists: groups and
users to be able to select one, and two buttons below: Add, Cancel.
After a user or group is selected and Add is clicked it should be added
to the ACLs list with no permissions at the beginning.

And the bottom or at the top of the permissions tab three checkboxes in
one line:
x sticky, x suid, x sgid

Regards,

Olaf