Re: strange error message

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 12:51 +0200, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag, den 30.10.2004, 01:35 +0200 schrieb David Christian Berg:
> > On Fr, 2004-10-29 at 22:26 +0200, Markus Bertheau wrote:
> > > This is meant as a security measure. Use right-click and open with until
> > > the file type recognition thing correctly recognizes this file.
> >

> > And when will it? I understand that there is a conflict between the
> > extention and the sniffed contend. But I don't understand that there is
> > no "open anyway" button
>
> If there were one, everyone would click it. Then the bugs would never be
> fixed ;)
> (Everyone, me included, learns to auto-answer "useless" dialogs ^^)
>
> But you can right-click on the file and say "Open with <app>", and it
> will open anyway.

Could its behavior at least be changed so that it doesn't bug you if
both possible mime types would open with the same program? Two out of
three times, I get this error with movie file formats (wmv, asf, asx,
etc.) or plaintext formats (Nautilus is torn between my IRC logs being
patches or plain old text).

And in some cases, Nautilus' mime magic