Re: Full-URI in window title?

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 11:11 -0700, Raul Acevedo wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 10:59 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 18:12 +0200, Jürg Billeter wrote:
> >
> > > In nautilus 2.8.0 the windows would have "me on someserver" resp. "me"
> > > for the local folder as title, so as long as they are on different
> > > servers you can easily distinguish them.
> >
> > And since in spatial mode you can only have one window open to a
> > particular folder on a particular server, you will always be able to
> > distinguish them.
>
> Actually, no.  That's one of the reasons I stopped using spatial.  I can
> have three "foo" windows open at the same time, and without looking
> carefully at the contents or clicking on the lower left button to see
> the hierarchy, I can't tell which is which.  Me "remembering" which one
> was last opened at what position is not useful.
>
> I think having the full URI in the title would be very useful.

Full title is not really needed if the pathbar patch I did got accepted
for 2.10. (Path could also be displayed as a label in the statusbar).

However because the idea is to do away with hierarchies I would be
surprised if anything displaying the full path would be allowed. As they
dont like having options either there wont be any joy there too. Spatial
is totally useless for anything organised in a hierarchical fashion.

jamie.