Re: Creating a popup menu for the folder associated with a NautilusWindow

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 23:53 +0100, Christian Neumair wrote:

> Now, the widgets responsible for the tooltip popup sit in
> src/nautilus-(spatial|natigation)-window.c. Those only have access to
> NautilusView, though. Now how do I get my FMDirectoryView to display the
> context menu? How do NautilusView and FMDirectoryView correlate? None of
> them extends the other one, obviously.

FMDirectoryView is a base class for the built-in views that display a
single directory. The subclasses of it (list view, icon view) implement
the NautilusView interface.

FMDirectoryView does have some code that should be moved and made
accessible to other code. However, not all of it. You can't in general
depend on the view of a nautilus window being a FMDirectoryView. For
instance, a multi-folder display like the macos tree view, or a search
view wouldn't be.